Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, but I really do mean to post to this poor neglected blog more often in 2009.

We never go anywhere on New Year's Eve, and last night we had a good excuse with the snowstorm and all. I took the opportunity to go downstairs and do some serious hammering, sawing, etching, and bezel-ing, and here's the result -- an etched silver cross with a green turquoise oval bezel set in fine silver. Exhausted from my efforts -- I've got another really bad cold -- I retreated early to bed with my laptop and a stack of art books, and took advantage of the holiday free shipping sale at Thunderbird Supply, placing orders for more silver and definitely more turquoise cabochons. It's been a wonderful holiday season, but I'm really okay with it coming to an end so we can move on to all the good things 2009 will surely bring.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: